Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Star is Born...Qwamayne Williams aka..Bam-Bam


     So as I sit down to write this blog, I have just got off the phone with a euphoric Bam -Bam. She is ecstatic about the new ventures she has in the making. She has her hand in a couple melting pots right now, and is working on a few more. Bam –Bam is a talented music producer/ poet/ radio personality. Bam- Bam was born Qwamayne Williams in Petersburg, VA some twenty years ago. She is new to the music scene but not new to music. Her earliest memory of music was when she was three years old playing her Fisher Price xylophone. Whereas now, she is doing so many things, she is producing a new beat every week and not just a simple beat, one with substance and “umph”. If you didn’t know any better -- you would think she’s been doing this for years, but truth be told she has only been in the game for the last couple of months. She is a radio personality with yours truly, on The Juice with MzGettum and Bam- Bam on Blogtalkradio.com, which airs every Thursday at 11 pm – 1 am EST.  She has, as recent as September 1, launched her own website (www.bambammusic.wix.com/bam-bammusic).

    I asked her a couple of questions. One being: where she got the name, Bam-Bam from? She says she gets her name from her mother, because she doesn’t know her own strength and breaks things, so her mom would call her Bam –Bam; from the cartoon The Flintstones. I also asked: What made her want to be in this industry? Her answer was, “I’ve always had a passion for music ever since I was younger. The science of producing music has always been fascinating to me, so that’s one reason. Another reason is; when I listen to music, I often times pay no attention to the lyrics, I find myself sitting and analyzing the different sounds and components in the music its self.” Which I thought was a great answer. I myself, as you all know, love music, and I too, love all the different components that go into a song, so I can totally feel this answer. Bam-Bam is a very fascinating artist to say the least; I am very intrigued by all the different dimensions there are to her. I made it a point to ask her what artists inspire her, and she gave me a list, and they were from all different genres, not being confined to a box. Her list consisted of Kenny G, Alicia Keys, Missy Elliot, Da Brat, Earth Wind & Fire, Mary Mary, Scott Joplin, Timberland, Musiq Soul Child, Floetry, and all Neo-Soul artists, plus more. I also asked her who would she say she resembled musically and her answer was, ”I see myself resembling Missy Elliot, because she has the ability to cross over and be successful in virtually any genre of music she chooses. I don’t want to find myself stuck in just one genre such as hip-hop. I do Dance, Electronic, Jazz, R&B, and I can do any other genre that I choose and make it happen.”
   Talking to Bam you get that she believes in a higher power, she believes that what ever God has planned for her will be. When I was wrapping up the interview I asked about her future. What does she see in her future? She plans to start a recording company, merchandising, doing at least 3 mix tapes and having a song on Billboards Top 100. She has very achievable dreams if she stays on the track she is on she will achieve all these and more. To hear more from her all of her contact info is listed and her link is on my blog…make sure you check her out she is Fiyah….
Yours Truly,
           Mzgettum
Contact Info….
a.    Facebook: www.facebook.com/music.bambam
b.   Twitter: @BamBam_Music
c.    Email: music.bambam@gmail.com
d.   Phone: 804-446-4682
               f. Management: Cherriez-Love Ent

1 comment: