Monday, August 27, 2012

The Remembrance of Ole Skool


When I think of ole skool... I think of Lenny Williams, Earth Wind and Fire, The O Jays... Its so many I could name....How the music was about loving a woman, hurting, or going through something, subliminal messages of love making never exactly talking of sex directly...ole skool talked about change and making a better world, loving who you are and knowing you...This new skool has changed direction, where we have some that are trying to take it back to a time where music had depth and direction, there are also some that are only talking of sex and hoes or how they selling this and rolling in that.... I remember when I was a child listening to the Blue Monday on the radio...The feeling I had in the pit of my stomach, yearning to feel those love feelings they were singing about, wanting the songs to never end...Hating when my mother would make me go to bed feeling like I was being disconnected from a love that would make my world a better place... I love the way you hear old music and the way it can lighten up a persons face... Gerald Levert, Luther Vandross and Patti La Belle just to name a few greats... They not only sang great songs, they wrote beautiful lyrics... I love you Ole Skool and I miss you dearly, but please know that I listen to you often when I want to get those old feelings back...I keep you close, never forgetting.....
Love,
 Mzgettum

P.s
I plan on doing an in depth series on both the  past present and future of hip-hop and R $ B....I want to take us down memory lane, I hope y'all ready for this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment